Statutory agencies such as local authorities, the police and the NHS have to work together to promote safer communities, to prevent harm and abuse and to deal effectively and efficiently with suspected or actual cases. Through the delivery of our range of safeguarding programmes, our aim is to clearly demonstrate how agencies and individuals should work together on the protection of adults at risk. We develop knowledge, skills and practice with a range of multi-disciplinary staff at a range of levels and experiences.
We work closely with many local authorities and attend their safeguarding standardisation meetings. This ensures that our training is up to date at all times, includes all local authority policies and procedures and allows us to adapt our training to address any current safeguarding issues or problems arising within each geographical area.
Our Safeguarding subject specialists are qualified professionals with working experience within Safeguarding. Through their experiences they are able to relate to the learners and demonstrate how the knowledge they are delivering will translate to their practice. They are able to draw on their personal experiences to bring the training sessions to life, challenging people’s thinking and relating to the learners own experiences and scenarios.
Our safeguarding courses
When developing our course contents and mapping our outcomes we consider…
The National Competence Framework for Safeguarding Adults, Putting People First, Common Assessment Framework, Local Authorities specific guidelines, policies and procedures, National Occupational Standards, CQC Fundamental Standards, Quality Assessment Framework, The Care Certificate and The Care Act.
- Chairing skills in a legal context
- Child safety and welfare in a digital world
- Common core principles of dignity
- Communicating with the wider team
- Conducting section 47 investigations
- Critical practice in child protection and adult safeguarding
- Decision making and accountability
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Domestic Violence
- Female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Internal agency investigation
- Internal management reviews
- Managers safeguarding
- Managing safely and supporting the process
- Mental Capacity Act
- Note taking
- Post abuse work
- Risk and resilience
- Safeguarding adults and children in the housing sector
- Safeguarding and protection of adults and children
- Safeguarding awareness
- Safeguarding competency framework
- Safeguarding for practitioners
- Safeguarding for service delivery teams
- Setting a strategy and root cause analysis
- Supporting positive risk taking
- The practitioner's role
- The role of the assistant practitioner
- The well-being principle
- Witchcraft based child abuse
All programmes can be delivered as full courses or refreshers.
We are also able to offer a range of accredited courses in Safeguarding, contact us to find out more details.