Leading Well-Led Services – 3 day programmeSubject category: Leadership and Management
Managers will explore the subject of Emotional Intelligence and understand how their behaviour within a senior role can impact on others. They will also explore how Emotional Intelligence supports the development of a more effective leader.
The programme will support managers to develop skills in understanding the importance of innovation and change, by explaining to managers why we need change within the organisation. The programme will explore how to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance, including assessing opportunities for innovation, ranges of techniques to generate innovative options and the leadership skills required to lead innovation and change.
Managers will also explore how to lead and manage change within their organisation by creating a change management plan, and ways to implement the change within the management plan and monitor the progress against agreed targets.
During the programme managers will be supported to understand how a business plan is structured, when it is appropriate to write one, and how it is linked to the overall business strategy. Along with the implementation of the plan, the whole team will need to work alongside the plan to gain outstanding results.
Finally, managers will learn how to use negotiation skills, including body language, communication and listening skills, in order to encourage a positive outcome to take business ideas forward, and supporting them on how to deal with difficult negotiation situations. The managers will gain an understanding of the importance of influencing without authority and how to utilise these skills to help drive the business forward.
This programme is delivered using a range of methods and resources including:-
Group discussions, small group activities, scenario based activities, DVD clip and a range of service specific equipment if required.
This programme has been developed and mapped to:
Developing People – Improving Care – A national framework for action on improvement and leadership development in NHS-funded services
Chartered Management Institute – Module 3 – Performance Leadership
The National Skills Academy: The Leadership Qualities Framework
ILM level 5 Managing Improvement
ILM Leading Innovation and Change
Manage Business Redesign in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Services
Attended a 3 day programme
Reflected on their practice
- Explain what is meant by leadership
- Assess own leadership styles
- Explain the implications of own leadership styles for self and others
- Describe leadership behaviours
- Assess own leadership behaviours and the factors that determine good leadership
- Develop own leadership styles and behaviours to become a more effective leader
- Explain the need for innovation and change within an organisation
- Describe the importance of effectively managing change within your area of responsibility and across the organisation
- Explain how to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance
- Describe how to encourage innovation using techniques such as SWOT and PESTLE
- Describe techniques for decision making and problem solving
- Explain how to use quantitative and qualitative data for informed decisions
- Describe how to create a change management plan
- Explain how to implement the change management plan and monitor progress against targets
- Describe how to manage resources and activities to achieve the desired change
- Describe the leadership qualities required for successful change management
- Explain the role of communication in motivating to achieve change and overcome barriers and other difficulties
- Explain what a business case is
- Explain when to write a business case
- Describe the structure of a business case and what to include
- Explain how to establish what is needed for the future success of your organisation
- Explain the use of risk analysis in a business case
- Develop ideas to move the business forward
- Describe the financial considerations
- Explain how to use negotiation skills to establish goals and build trust
- Explain influencing without authority
- Explain how to effectively use the infrastructures